Japanese sea urchin is prized for its exquisite flavor and smooth, creamy texture. Maruhide's uni master, who supplies Japan's best restaurants, selects top quality at the weekly Toyosu Market Auctions (former Tsukiji). Each order is flown in for you and this selection is only found in a small number of Omakase sushi restaurants in America due to its high price point.
Pre-order by Friday 7am PST to receive the following Tuesday (pick up) or Wednesday (delivery)
• You can combine orders with Japanese uni with other items, except our fresh SB and Ranched uni. If you want both Japanese and SB uni, please make two orders.
• SaveBy Package Protection is required on Japanese Uni products shipped overnight.
• Pre-orders can't be canceled - kindly review the policy below before ordering.
No Cancellations & Delays
• Once a pre-order is placed, it can't be canceled. This item is subject to market prices and may increase without notice.
• Please note that some weeks may not meet our standards, and we will default orders to the following week's auction. Kindly consider this when you place your pre-order; wait times may vary seasonally.
• Please be aware that all Japanese uni products shipped overnight require SavedBy Package Protection to safeguard against unforeseen damage or loss. However, protection isn't necessary for pick up orders.
• While we ensure proper packaging for all shipments, Maruhide cannot be held responsible or liable for damages incurred during shipping if SavedBy Package Protection isn't selected.
• SavedBy Package Protection can be selected during the checkout process. Claims must be made directly through the SavedBy app or website.
• Please note that the images provided are for illustrative purposes only. The shape and size of the lobes may vary depending on the week's catch and cannot be standardized. Due to the nature of wild-caught Uni, sizes may vary, resulting in larger pieces (yielding fewer per box) or smaller pieces (yielding more per box). Our boxes are sold based on weight rather than the number of rows or lobes.
• Country of Origin Japan
• Sold By: Toyosu Fish Auction - Tokyo, Japan
• Selection: Wild
• Species or Urchin: Varies by producer
• Net Weight: About 250g
• Color: Varies - light to dark orange
• Keep cool or chilled - do not freeze
• Best consumed in sushi as sashimi or chirashi
• Please read our ordering policy before placing an order.
Our Japanese Omakase uni selection is flown in directly from Tokyo's renowned Toyosu Market (formerly Tsukiji) on a weekly basis. We partnered with an uni master who supplies Japan's finest restaurants and gives you access to the best uni at auction.
The uni may vary in color, including Murasaki (Purple) or Bafun (a deep-water Urchin) - it's an Omakase experience, leaving the choice to the experts.
Maruhide USA and Toyosu Fish Auction maintain stringent standards to ensure the uni meets the highest criteria, before being shipped directly to you. Rest assured, we fly in each order just for you to guarantee opimal freshness.